Countries We Represent
About United KingdomContact UsThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, usually known as the UK, Britain, or just the UK, is a country in Europe that is located off the continent's northwest coast. It includes Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and England. The United Kingdom comprises Great Britain, the northeastern part of Ireland, and a number of other islands that make up the British Isles. The Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel, the Celtic Sea, and the Irish Sea encompass the remainder of the United Kingdom; the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are divided by a land border. By 2020, the population of the United Kingdom is projected to be 67 million, with a total land area of 242,495 square kilometers. (93,628 sq mi).
The nations that make up the United Kingdom endured a series of annexations, unions, and separations over the course of several hundred years. The Treaty of Union, which was signed in 1707, brought the Kingdoms of England (which included Wales) and Scotland together to form the Kingdom of Great Britain. Following its merger with the Kingdom of Ireland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland was established in 1801. In 1922, the majority of Ireland broke away from the United Kingdom, leaving what is now known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which took on its current name in 1927. The nearby Isle of Man, Guernsey, and Jersey are Crown Dependencies and do not officially belong to the UK, although the British government is in responsibility of their defense and diplomatic representation. The British Empire, the largest empire in history at its height in the 1920s when it covered almost a quarter of the world's territory and population, also has 14 British Overseas Territories, which are its final possessions. Because it is a member of the core Anglophonic world, Britain has had an impact on many of its former colonies' languages, cultures, legal systems, and political structures. The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and parliamentary democracy.
With a population of more than 14 million, London is the largest city in England, the country's capital, and a significant international and financial center. Edinburgh, Cardiff, and Belfast are the national capitals of Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland, respectively. Other notable cities include Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, and Liverpool. The devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland each have their own distinct set of powers. The UK became the first industrialized country and the world's dominant power during the "Pax Britannica" era of undisputed global dominion in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. In the twenty-first century, the UK is still a significant economic, cultural, military, scientific, technological, and political force. The UK is home to the eighth-largest purchasing power parity economy and the sixth-largest nominal gross domestic product economy in the world. (GDP). With a high-income economy and a very high Human Development Index rating, it is the 18th most developed nation in the world. Additionally, it scores well in comparisons of healthcare, life expectancy, and education on a global scale. It is a recognized nuclear power and spends the fourth most on the military in the world. It has been a permanent member of the UN Security Council since its inaugural meeting in 1946.
**The educational info is on the BCES page**
Capital : London
Area : 242,495 km sq
Official Language : English
Currency : Pound sterling
Time zone : UTC
Universities/ College/ Institutes we work with:-
- University of Bolton
- University of the West of Scotland
- University of the West of Scotland (London Campus)
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
- Royal Holloway University
- Bath Spa University
- University of Law
- University Wales Trinity St. David
- University of Bradford
- University of Leicester
- Ulster University ( London & Birmingham Campus)
- Northumbria University ( London Campus)
- University of West London
- Kaplan International
- Study Group
- QA Group
- Holmes Education Group
- INTO Group
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of Creative Arts
- University of Buckingham
- Art University Bournemouth
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Huddersfield
- Liverpool John Moores University
UK Student Visa
International students from outside the UK or EU must apply for a student visa. You can only apply for a student visa if you intend to study a full-time degree course in the UK. Student visas are not issued for part-time courses. Your eligibility is calculated using a points-based rules system called Student Visa.
You need 40 points to apply for a student visa. This is achieved by:
1. Course confirmation: you must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a university approved by UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI). You get 30 points for CAS
2. Funding: you must provide evidence of funding to pay for both your course tuition fees and your monthly living costs (10 points). Proof of financial support can take the form of bank statements or a letter from your financial sponsor, showing you can cover your tuition fees, accommodation and living costs. You must prove that you have £1,023 per month( for 9 months) for living costs if studying in the UK outside of London, and £1,334 a month( for 9 months) foe living costs if studying in London. ( You get 10 points for funding)
Document required for a UK Tier 4 Student visa
To apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa you must provide the following documents:
- 1. Valid Passport.
- 2. Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider.
- 3. Proof you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course.
- 4. a valid ATAS certificate if your course requires it
- 5. Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
- 6. Proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian if you’re under 18
- 7. Your Medical Certificate
- 9. You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances
- 10. Acdemics.
- 11. English Proficiency test (ILETS, TOEFL).
Telephone: +91 (11) 2419 2100
FAX: +91 (11) 2419 2491
VFSVFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
Mezzanine Floor, Baba Kadak Singh Marg,
Shivaji Stadium Metro Station,
Connaught Place, New Delhi, India
- 1. Number of Indians in UK for studies and work up sharply
- 2. After years of decline, number of Indian students in UK on the rise
- 3. Accommodation for students:-