Study in Australia FAQ'S


Melbourne and Sydney are two of the most well-known foreign student destinations. However, many students lose out on the top academic cities in Australia, including Canberra, Perth, and the Gold Coast.

For overseas students, there are two intakes to study in Australia. There are two admission cycles at universities. The major intake is in February, while the secondary intake is in July. There are fewer courses available in July than in February.

In 2017, almost 350,000 students were enrolled in higher education in Australia. With the prospect of extending the Post Study Work Visa in Australia for up to four years, the numbers are likely to rise.

Universities in Australia provide three types of higher education degrees, leading to Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral degrees. Australia has 43 universities dedicated to the arts, commerce, law, and science. Management, hospitality, business, humanities, engineering, health sciences, and other courses are also available at the institutions. 40 of the 43 universities are Australian, two are international, and one is a private speciality university.

According to Time’s Higher Education World University Rankings, Australia has 35 top universities. The best universities are distributed across the country, from Perth to Brisbane, and from Darwin to Hobart. The top five universities are The University of Melbourne in Parkville, Melbourne, Australian National University (ANU) in Canberra, University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Sydney, University of Sydney, and University of Queensland.

You cannot, unfortunately. Australian universities are doing everything they can to attract more international students. Universities in Australia’s wealthier districts have been quite generous in recent years, awarding numerous types of scholarships. However, tuition at Australian universities is not entirely free. It may be free with fully sponsored scholarships.

Perth is the largest city in Western Australia and a popular educational destination. Western Australia has five major universities, all of which are located in the greater Perth metropolitan area. Curtin University is located in Bentley, Edith Cowan University is located in Joondalup, Murdoch University is located in Murdoch, University of Notre Dame Australia is located in Fremantle, and the University of Western Australia is located in Crawley.

Some universities may not require IELTS scores to demonstrate English language proficiency. The alternatives are either English as a medium of instruction or language courses offered at specific colleges.

When there are so many alternatives to pick from, it’s easy to become overwhelmed. There are hundreds of universities and courses to choose from, so having a clear path to follow is critical.

As previously stated, the stay back period in Australia has just been extended for non-city locations such as Perth and the Gold Coast. If you have completed your Masters in the right area, you can stay for up to four years.

Education in Australia is among the most expensive in the world. Tuition rates vary greatly based on where, what, and at what level you will be learning. As of 2018, the average fee for overseas undergraduate students was AU$ 30,840 per year, and the fee for international postgraduate students was AU$ 31,596. Annual fees for a Master’s Degree range from AU$ 20,000 to AU$ 37,000, while fees for a Doctorate Degree range from AU$ 14,000 to AU$ 37,000. High-value courses, such as veterinary and medical degrees, will be much more expensive.

PTE is an English test that is required as part of all Australian immigration applications. The Australian National University (ANU), University of Melbourne, University of Sydney, Monash University, University of Queensland, University of New South Wales (UNSW), University of Adelaide, University of Western Australia (UWA), and University of Technology Sydney (UTS), among others, accept PTE.

Yes, you can transfer to another university in Australia. Almost every university, including the University of Sydney and the University of Queensland, accepts transfer students. Universities admit students from many institutions in Australia and abroad, but there is a procedure in place. The procedure for regional and foreign students differs. Credit transfer is part of the process for international students.

Certain locations in Australia, such as Adelaide, Tasmania, Darwin, and Townsville, fall within the regional sector because they are less developed than larger cities such as Melbourne and Sydney. Charles Darwin University (CDU), University of Tasmania (UTAS), Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, Southern Cross University (SCU), James Cook University (JCW), University of Southern Queensland, and others are popular rural universities.