Everything you must know about PTE Exam
What exactly is the PTE exam?
Pearson English Tests (PTE) Academic English is a language test for international students and immigrants. The PTE exam is divided into two sections:
1) Academic PTE
2) PTE Residence
Why should you take the PTE Academic Exam?
PTE Academic is a computerized, online English language test used for international education and immigration. This test is powered by artificial intelligence technology, and unlike traditional grading systems, PTE grading is fully objective and free of human prejudices.
PTE Exam Types
The PTE Academic exam is divided into two sections:
- Academic PTE Exam
- UKVI PTE Academic
PTE Academic Exam: PTE Academic evaluates candidates’ abilities in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. The complete test can last up to three hours. This exam is recognised by over a thousand universities worldwide, including Harvard Business School, INSEAD, and Yale. PTE Academic is recognised for visa purposes in Australia and New Zealand.
PTE Academic UKVI: The PTE Academic UKVI is only available in the United Kingdom. This is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for UK visa eligibility. This test is open to anyone who wishes to work, study, or live in the United Kingdom.
PTE exam fee:
|s.no||PTE Academic Exam Types||PTE Exam Fee|
|1||PTE Academic exam fee||USD 170|
|2||PTE Academic UKVI exam fee||USD 180|
PTE Exam Fee
PTE exam fee – The PTE exam fee is USD 170 + 15% tax and bank charge for PTE Academic exam.
Cancellation fees for PTE exams
- If a candidate cannot take the examination on the planned day, they are eligible for a full refund if they cancel 14 calendar days before their test date.
- If a candidate cancels their enrollment seven calendar days before the actual test date, they will receive a 50% refund.
- Candidates who cancel their test registration less than 7 calendar days before the exam will not be refunded.
Fees for postponing PTE exams
- Candidates who reschedule their test date 14 calendar days before their actual exam date will not be charged for the new test date.
- Candidates who reschedule the test 13-8 calendar days before the actual test date must pay 50% of the new test date rescheduling fee.
- Candidates who reschedule their exam date fewer than 7 calendar days before the actual test day must pay the entire exam fee.
How do I reschedule the PTE?
To reschedule a Pearson test, follow these steps:
- Navigate to www.pearsonpte.com.
- Sign in to your My PTE account.
- Select the Reschedule or Cancel button.
- PTE Exam Registration and Account Registration
PTE Exam Scheduling
To register for the PTE exam, follow these steps:
- Create a web account on the official PTE Academic Website or log in to an existing one.
- When you create an account, carefully fill in all of the details, including your passport information.
- Following that, you can select the most convenient test location, date, and time for you.
- After filling out all of the information, you can proceed with the payment.
- Once the payment is made, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt.
Which is more difficult, PTE or IELTS?
Both IELTS and PTE are regarded as having the same level of difficulty. The PTE exam is exclusively available online, but the IELTS exam is available both online and offline.
Highlights of the PTE Academic Exam
PTE Exam is the name of the exam.
Pearson Test of English Full-Form
PTE Exam Types
The PTE exam is divided into two sections:
- Academic PTE
- PTE Home
What is the purpose of the PTE exam?
Pearson English Tests (PTE) Academic English is a language test for international students and immigrants.
Which countries recognise the PTE certification?
PTE is generally recognised in Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Singapore, Canada, New Zealand, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy.
PTE Exam Structure
The PTE Academic test format consists of three parts:
Part 1: Public Speaking and Writing
Part 2: Reading
Part 3: Paying Attention
Who is in charge of PTE?
Pearson VUE (Virtual User Environment) administers the PTE exam.
Consult our experts
To get in touch with our expert team, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.